Where to stay
NOTE: The IJA rooms at the DoubleTree Hotel are about sold out. Contact them soon or see below for info on rooms at our other IJA hotel: Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids. See also our Festival Forum where you can discuss lodging and travel options and look for someone to share a ride or room with. You may also find that Airbnb has availability near our festival venues.
Official Festival Headquarters Hotel: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex ($109.00/night single through quad) — The IJA headquarters hotel is located in the same building as the gym, workshop spaces and Renegade venue, and a 5-minute walk to the Paramount Theatre. Numerous restaurants, bars, shops and city parks are within an easy walk.
The DoubleTree Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex is a brand-new, modern, high-rise hotel that is attached to the U.S. Cellular Center Convention Center and arena. You can ride the hotel elevator from your room in the hotel and walk right into the gym through the hotel lobby, without ever leaving air-conditioned comfort! The DoubleTree Hotel is the right choice for jugglers who want the best combination of convenience and comfort for the week!
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex
$109.00/night single through quad
350 First Avenue NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Hotel direct phone: 1-319-731-4444
IJA Group Rate booking link
Check out all of these great reasons to choose the DoubleTree Hotel for the most carefree week of festival fun in Cedar Rapids:
- 275 modern, clean, quiet, comfortable rooms, all of them just a quick elevator ride away from the gym, workshops and Renegade.
- On-site dining at 350 First, the hotel’s rooftop restaurant. Open 6:30am to 1:30pm for breakfast and lunch; 5:30pm to 9pm for dinner, 7 days a week. The adjacent lounge is open 4:30pm-late for cocktails and bar food with spectacular views of the city and riverfront.
- Indoor heated pool and full fitness center.
- In-room dining available 6:30am – 9pm.
- Hilton HHonors Digital Key — use your smartphone to automatically unlock your guest room door, and check in and check out without stopping at the reception desk on your arrival and departure day! Use the Hilton HHonors app to customize your stay, choose your room from a digital floor plan, and much more! Get the free app from the Google Play store or the App Store.
- Free Wi-Fi internet access throughout the property for all jugglers reserving with the special IJA rate.
- Free airport shuttle for all registered guests to and from Eastern Iowa Airport (CID). Call the hotel for details and pick-up times.
- Free secured garage parking for all jugglers reserving with the special IJA rate.
If reserving by phone, tell the reservationist you are booking at the IJA (International Jugglers’ Association) group rate using group code IJA.
And to make your festival week as affordable as possible, IJA has negotiated an amazing rate of just $109.00/night single through quad, plus 12% state and local tax and $1.00/room/night city tourism fee ($123.08/night total).
To book your stay at the exclusive IJA festival group rate:
- Call the hotel directly at 1-319-731-4444 between 5am-6pm Central Time Monday-Friday, or use this special booking link to book online. (If you have any problems with the online booking, please call the hotel directly to make your reservation).
- Tell the reservationist you are booking at the IJA group rate, or enter group code IJA when reserving online.
- Use your credit card to guarantee your reservation. No deposit is required.
- BOOK BY JUNE 9, 2017, to obtain the IJA rate.
- Availability is limited, so book soon!
Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids
$99.99 – $134.99/night single through triple
2025 Werner Ave NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402
Hotel direct phone: 1-319-378-8888
Reserve under the International Jugglers’ Association rate, group code 2915501.
The group code cannot be used via the website, only over the phone.
The Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids is a modern, limited-service hotel located 4.0 miles / 10 minutes by car from downtown Cedar Rapids. IJA has negotiated special rates for jugglers on a limited number of rooms during our festival week.
The Comfort Inn is at 2025 Werner Ave NE, one block away from the I-380 Collins Road exit on the north side of Cedar Rapids. It will take guests less than 10 minutes driving time to reach the DoubleTree Hotel downtown and the U.S. Cellular Center. The hotel is also located on the biking/hiking trail that runs from the north side of Cedar Rapids all the way downtown to the DoubleTree and U.S. Cellular Center, so you could even bike, unicycle, skate, walk or run to the festival!
The Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids offers many value-added amenities for jugglers to make their stay comfortable and convenient:
- Smoke-free property
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pet Friendly
- Free parking
- In-room mini-fridge, microwave oven and coffeemaker
- 32″ flat-screen HDTVs in every room
- Guest laundry
- Free hot buffet breakfast every morning for all registered guests
- Hotel Manager Penny serves a home-cooked evening meal to all her guests Monday-Thursday nights! Call for details!
- Fitness center with heated indoor pool and whirlpool
- Business center with laser printer and desktop computer workstation
Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids has the following room types available at special IJA Festival rates, based on very limited availability.
- King bed, accessible room (room type HNK): $99.99 single or double, $10 extra person for triple
- King bed (room type NK): $99.99 single or double, $10 extra person for triple
- Double Queen bed (room type NQQ): $99.00 single or double, $10 extra person for triple
- Queen Suite, with 3 queen beds (room type QQQ): $124.99 single or double, $10 extra person for triple
- King Suite, accessible room (room type SHNK): $114.99 single or double, $10 extra person for triple
- King Suite (room type SNK): $114.99 single or double, $10 extra person for triple
- Double Queen suite, two queen beds (room type SNQQ): $114.99 single or double, $10 extra person for triple
All rooms & suites are non-smoking. The IJA rate is available for nights starting July 10 through the night of July 15, 2017 (for checkout on Sunday, July 16). Add 12% state and local tax and $1.00/room/night city tourism fee to all rates.
To reserve: call the hotel directly at 319-378-8888. Tell the reservationist that you want to reserve under the International Jugglers’ Association rate, group code 2915501. HURRY! AVAILABILITY IS VERY LIMITED!