Board Meeting – October 24th, 2016

1. Call to Order
Chair, Nathan Wakefield, called the meeting to order at: 7:37 pm EDT

2. Roll: Nathan Wakefield, Louie Skaradek, Ian Michael Loughlin, Noel Yee, Marvin Ong, Shivella Schwab, Scott Cain, Mike Sullivan, Afton Benson, Erin Stephens, Martin Frost, Dan Holzman

Present: Nathan, Louie, Ian, Shivella, Scott, Martin, Noel (late), Noel!

Absent: Marvin, Mike, Afton, Erin, Dan

3. Approval of Agenda
Motion: Ian
Second by: Shivella
Discussion: Nil
Vote: Unanimously Approved

4. Approval of Minutes:
Business Board Meeting September 26th, 2016
Motion: Louie
Second: Shivella
Discussion: Nil
Vote: Unanimously Approved

5. Reports (Please keep verbal reports to 5 min or less except for festival and future festival discussion)

Financial Report (Afton Benson)
Discussion: Nil

2017 Festival Report (Dan Holzman)
Discussion: Nil

Future Festival Planning (Mike Sullivan)
Discussion: No major news to report.

Marketing (Erin Stephens)
Discussion: Nil

IRC (Erin Stephens)
Discussion: Nil

Website Report (Erin Stephens)
Discussion: David Landowne will make a change this Wednesday to allow us to move forward – domain name servers are moving over to the new servers. West host to Dream host. David should have it all at one place now. This will break all the mail, unless we get it moved. 4pm eastern into the evening and next day possibly. Mail will then go through dreamhost.

eJuggle Report (Scott Seltzer)
Discussion: Nil

Membership (Marilyn Sullivan)
Discussion: Nil

6. Motions for Consideration

A. Motion to appoint Galen Harp as the IJA Youth Juggling Academy Coordinator.
Motion: Ian
Second: Noel
Discussion: Be on the lookout for Galen’s successor, possible contingency plan. Possibly make it a team. Ian may be on that team.
Vote: Unanimously Approved

B. Motion to officially approve the new IJA Website to go live.
Motion: Louie
Second: Shivella
Discussion: Taken from a straw poll to an official vote to have it conform to Robert’s Rules.
Vote: Unanimously Approved

C. Motion to accept the 3rd Quarter 2016 P & L statement.
Motion: Scott
Second: Louie
Discussion: Nil
Vote: Unanimously Approved

D. Motion to accept the 3rd Quarter 2016 Balance Sheet.
Motion: Shivella
Second: Ian
Discussion: Nil
Vote: Unanimously Approved

7. Varia:

2016 Video Tutorial Contest
Announced this morning. Facebook event page is up. Prizes changed some and the live launch was delayed. Ramp it up and tell friends. What does judging look like? Looks good. Five: Dmetri Ch(sp), Thom Wall, Luke Davies, Warren Hammond, LaPeo(sp)
Add a flow judge in the future. Send Thom Wall a note. Can we add one now? Be open to the world of flow and include it more in juggling here and in competitions.
More diversity in the judges. The webpage is up on the old site.

Video Archive
Issue is – how do we move with the video archive? Set up a plan with Jay Ko to do this, have a vendor handle this? Where do we put it all – hard drives, cloud service, get it digitized to it does not degrade. Jay has had these tapes for 3-5 years. IJA got a quote in the past and it was in the range of 12-13 thousand dollars, onto disks. Jay said he would do it for free, IJA went with Jays offer.
Noel can communicate with Jay because he does see him weekly ish. Helping in a project management way might get the project rolling again. He may have more digitized than we think. Noel messaged him. (check) There needs to be some progress with Jay or maybe an outside vendor. Maybe pay Jay to get it done, financial encouragement may work. Maybe an outside vendor. Motivated to see these tapes, great member content. Maybe we could gain more membership if we have these….
Goal is to preserve them more than display them, and because of music rights we may not be able to display them. To Jay “if it’s not feasible, we would go the vendor route”
Put them on drives and then in five years or so copy them to newer drives, maybe a cloud backup and then copies of these drives will duplicate and send them others. External USB -3 drives. Shivella can assist and possibly expedite the process. Probably new hard drives need to be bought for this project. Noel will communicate through email to the board and Martin.

8. Set November Meetings
Next Vision Planning Meeting – November 14th, 2016 at 7:30 ET
Next Business Board Meeting – November 28th, 2016 at 7:30 ET.

9. Adjournment
Motion to adjourn: Shivella
Discussion: Nil – Happy Halloween!
Voting: Unanimously Approved
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm ET.

Leave a Reply