Regular Board Meeting May 16, 2012
1. CALL TO ORDER: Chair Kim Laird called the meeting to order at 8:33 p.m. EST.
Present: Kim Laird (Chair), Kevin Axtell, Matt Hall, Richard KennisonA, Dave Pawson, Thom WallA, Erin Stephens, Mike Sullivan (Future fest director, 2011 fest director)A, Martin Frost (communications director), Sandy Brown (recording secretary)
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Kevin moved to approve the agenda for May 16, 2012. Second by Dave. Vote:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Kevin moved to approve the minutes from March 21, 2012. Second by Erin. Vote:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Dave moved to approve the minutes from April 18, 2012. Second by Matt. Vote: Dave abstains
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Matt moved to approve the minutes from December 14, 2011. Second by Kevin. Vote:
2012 Fest (Matt Hall)…
2012 Festival Registration Report from Mike Sullivan
May 10, 2012
We are 52 days from the end of pre-registration and five days from the end of early bird pricing.
As of this morning, 2012 festival registrations are as follows:
62 Adult packages
18 Youth/Senior packages
8 Pavel workshops
5 Adult gym passes
3 Youth/Senior gym passes
39 spectator passes
6 joggling entries
2 vendor orders
1 team champs entry
1 juniors champs entry
1 individual champs entry
Martin’s online tracker contains details on additional show tickets sold outside of packages.
Many of the IJA BoD, staff and volunteers have not registered yet, and as there are no comps available this year, I would urge all of them to register prior to May 15th when early pricing ends.
As a reminder, your fest registrar will be away from May 12 to May 27 and will not be available on email or to handle any registration issues until we return on Memorial Day.
Stage manager for championships
all plane tickets/visas all taken care of
mayor’s letter coming
address for mail-in ballots obtained
need insurance papers
Fun Fund…need to get things going/look toward deadline date
Future Festivals (Mike Sullivan)…
Financial (John Nikkel & Holly Greeley)…
2011 Notes regarding financial statements
- Funds on the Profit and Loss
- Props to You – Net income of $390.18
- General Fund – Loss of $27,998.61.
- Festival – Loss of $21,549.88
- Festival Fun Fund – Loss of $13,516.32 reflects expenses only. All revenue recognized in 2010 when pledge was made.
- Video – Loss of $8,005.20 mainly production costs.
- YEP – Loss of $958.60 reflects some donations and grants but mainly expenses as iiWii pledge recognized in full in 2010.
- Archives – Loss of $1,368.27 mainly storage expense
- Life Member – just a little interest income
- MMCC – 0 – All income net of bank charges passes through to MMCC.
- iiWii – a little interest income. Entire pledge recognized in 2010.
- Balance Sheet
- Undesignated cash is operating cash.
- Board designated cash includes Life Member Funds and Archive Funds
- Temp Restricted Funds include iiWii account and YEP donations made but not spent.
- Pledges receivable is from iiWii net of Present Value discount and Allowance for uncollectible pledges.
- Misc payables – money owed to MMCC, Ivan Pecel and Jay Ko
Deferred membership income – multi year memberships to be recognized as income in year of membership.
*Excel spreadsheets (2) sent to boardplus members in email for review.
Website Team (David Landowne, Martin Frost, Mike Sullivan, Erin Stevens)… On the April BoD call, I gave my report on the three AMS systems I had surveyed as recommended by the consultant, and asked that the Board confirm with our donor what, if any, sponsorship or funding was available for making the move to a new system.
Having heard nothing in response, I have no further report this month, except to reiterate that I think the IJA needs to take a decision and move to some kind of modern AMS system this year if at all possible.
Membership (Marilyn Sullivan)…
# mems 1156
# total mems 1377
# youths 53 (normally we have all the Jugheads renewed by now but they are running behind)
# families 163
# life members 281 (Yes, we added one! )
# mems 1207
# total mems 1438
# youths 63
# families 170
# life time 280
Education (Kevin Axtell/Erin Stephens)…
Marketing/Promotions (Thom Wall)…
5. MOTIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
A. Motion to approve yearend financial reports.
B. Motion to approve release of bank information to Scott Slesnik for the purpose of ezine to use Adsense for advertising revenue. (tabled until further information obtained)
A. Possibility of viewing CIRCUS DREAMS at this summer’s IJA fest in Winston-Salem.
B. fest items needing to be paid…meet with Matt by phone
7. NEXT MEETING: Next regular BOD meeting will be held June 20, 2012 at 8:30 pm eastern time.
8. ADJOURNMENT: Erin moved to adjourn the meeting. Second by Matt. Meeting adjourned at 9:39 pm eastern time.