Business Board Meeting March 27, 2022

1. Call to Order

Chair, Aslynne Howes, called the meeting to order at 8:09 pm Eastern

2. Roll

Present: Benjamin Domask-Ruh,Scott Steiskal Chris Garcia Afton Benson Martin Frost Bill Barr Aslynne Howes

Absent: Niels Duinker Amy Wieliczka Matan Presberg

Recorder: Afton


3. Approval of Agenda

Motion: Benjamin Domask-Ruh

Second by: Scott Steiskal 


Vote: Passes Unanimously 

4. Approval of Minutes: 

Business Board Meeting (LINK)

Motion: Benjamin Domask-Ruh

Second: Chris Garcia 


Vote: Passes Unanimously 


5. Reports 

Please keep verbal reports to 5 min or less except for festival discussion.


2022 Festival Report (Afton Benson)


Afton: At Atlanta Juggling Festival, will promote IJA.  Likely will keep current COVID procedures, but may adjust masking policies (which will potentially be adjusted shortly before the fest)  $1,700 from donations to the scholarship fund.  21 have applied, but a few are from countries that would not permit them to receive a tourist Visa.  It’s currently taking 266 days to get Visas.  Spoke to Unna Med and maybe we will be doing this earlier in the future.  We will be extending the deadline.  We will be promoting once we have signed contracts.  Possibly live-streaming the site visit.

Martin:  How many people did you budget for event packages and how many do we already have?

Afton:  Pulling from YM is time-consuming and difficult.  Mondo and other festivals go half their attendance without extensive publicizing.  


Financial Report (Afton Benson)


Afton:  To discuss the 990 with Dennis.  The numbers from Erin in the motion below are updated.  MMCC is an organization we accept donations from and pass them on to the organization.  They have a new bank, which is in London, which they’d like to have their money sent to now since there were money transfer issues lately as they are located in Afghanistan and we want to prevent Taliban access.

Scott:  If it gets to a sanctioned country, we can be fined.

Afton:  It’s tough to continue funding MMCC without the potential of the funds being intercepted.

Scott:  Will try to look into it a bit.


Future Festival Site Report (Mike Sullivan)



eJuggle Report (Scott Seltzer)


  1. Eivind Dragsjø from Norway is now doing his monthly juggling news videos for eJuggle.
  2. AOKI Naoya has started translating eJuggle articles into Japanese. He’s going to do 4-5/month. Soon I’ll add a link to the top of eJuggle (next to the Español link) to get to all the articles that have been translated into Japanese.


Matan Presberg Joins the Call 8:29 PM ET


Membership (Marilyn Sullivan)
Membership Data



Marketing Report (Erin Stephens/Matan Presberg)


Had a meeting with Cassandra Smith to onboard her for posting on Mondays and she already had a collaboration going to put the video up on YouTube and share it. 


IRC Report (Erin Stephens)


Afton:  Someone touch base with Erin so people know what’s in the pipeline.  There’s currently no contract for her, we’ve been working off the 2019 numbers.  We were under the impression travel and lodging was covered by the festivals, but we need to check.

Martin:  Erin requested a link be updated on the IJA website for the Mexico IRC.

Aslynne will contact Erin.


YJA Report (Galen Harp)



OpsO Report (Scott Steiskal)


Has been Emailing Marilyn Sullivan and let her know we’ll be putting out a call for that role. Going to aim for the end of April deadline. 

Martin: Do we have any leads? Scott: No

Aslynne: Potentially Shivella 

Martin: Did you ask Marilyn how much time she spends on that role? Scott: Going to ask her in an email. Martin: The sooner it is known, the better! Scott: Aiming for the 29th. 


Scott: Putting together a document on his lead from investors. Is hearing that other boards are losing money currently. Will put together a document in case someone else takes over. Suggests waiting until the market stabilizes a bit more. 


6. Motions for Consideration

  1. Motion to approve the proposal to hold IRC South America 2022 in Chile in partnership with the CIMAC Festival in San Antonio, Chile on August 25.  See Proposal  See Budget

Author: Erin Stephens

Motion: Matan Presberg

Second: Scott Steiskal



CIMAC was approved to host the IRC South America in 2020, which was unfortunately canceled due to COVID.  They are excited to now be in a position to reprogram their festival and would be honored to host the IRC as part of their event, as previously expected.  They have a long history of organizing very successful festivals, and I am confident in the success of the IRC if it is hosted by CIMAC.  The budget will be paid for with the IRC budget that already exists, which Dennis has confirmed was at a total of $29,947 as of 12/31/2021. Thank you for your consideration! – Erin Stephens


Matan: Looks like a normal IRC proposal nothing concerning 

Chris: Who is going to run the IRC? Afton: Erin is. 


In favour:
Oppose :
Abstain :
Result : Passes Unanimously 


  1. Motion to appoint Benjamin Domask-Ruh as YJA Director for 2022-2023 year.

Author: Aslynne Howes

Motion: Scott Steiskal 

Second: Matan Presberg


Vote :
In favour:
Oppose :
Abstain : Benjamin Domask-Ruh
Result : All remaining members pass the motion 


7. Varia:

Martin: New website login is up and running.  Info to come in eNewsletter shortly. Been working with NeilFred to work on updating YM API, this is up and running now with some little differences. Going to update membership in the newsletter. 

Aslynne: Will this threaten the security of our database? 

Martin: Nope this is more secure. 

Chris:  Can we get a list of services provided by YM?

Martin: Will email the list to the board and Afton. 


8. Confirm Next Meeting

Next meetings will take place on…

for the next vision meeting 

for the next business meeting


9. Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 9:01 pm Eastern. 

Leave a Reply