Business Board Meeting November 20, 2022

1. Call to Order

Chair, Aslynne Howes, called the meeting to order at 6:34  pm Eastern

2. Roll

Present: Ross Berenson, Benjamin DR, Niels Duinker, Noel Yee, Sofia Noethe, Afton Benson, Martin Frost, Exuro Piechocki, Jake Darrow, Aslynne Howes

Absent: Amy W

Recorder: Ross


3. Approval of Agenda

Motion: Benjamin

Second by: Noel


Vote: approved unanimously

4. Approval of Minutes: 

Business Board Meeting (LINK)

Motion: Ross

Second: Benjamin


Vote: approved unanimously


5. Reports 

Please keep verbal reports to 5 min or less except for festival discussion.


2023 Festival Report (Exuro Piechocki)


  • Going well so far.
  • Festival Team created
  • Spent time creating the team, discussing show plans. Not booking the Gandinis. Too expensive. 
  • Noel is on the hunt for acts, Some special shows. Nice way to generate some additional income for the festival.
  • Created a draft schedule.
  • Looking for a spot for a fire night.
  • Connecting with local jugglers for planning assistance.
  • Exuro is feeling good!
  • Getting about a 50k discount on the convention center.
  • Might get a grant from the city of South Bend.
    • Afton: Was the grant submitted?
    • Exuro: Yes

[Amy joins the call at 6:46pm]

Afton: Who is putting together the award committee? David Cain has helped run it in the past. 

  • Aslynne will organize the award committee. 

Afton: Who is heading up the Sky King award? Has anyone reached out to Paris? 

  • Noel – There was a meeting on this a week ago. Things are in progress.
  • Afton – Please keep us up to date when you have any information. 

Afton: I’ll assemble the Flamingo Club Award group.


Financial Report (Afton Benson)



Overall, everything is where it would be if we had a festival and we did! We’re about $1900 in the red atm, I am hoping to do a fundraising email for year-end/giving Tues etc.


Balance Sheet

MMCC Holding, all funds have been returned to those who granted them. MMCC emailed and asked us to transfer to their old account, I reminded them we had voted to no longer support them. We did transfer the $370 which was from anonymous or unknown donors.


Cash on Hand

Bank of America

General: $73.450

IRC: $27,742

iiWii Restricted: $252,901

Savings: $80,591


Afton: Organizing donation amounts to various areas is difficult. Figuring out solutions. AFTON TO ADD NOTES HERE


Future Festival Site Report (Craig Lewis)



eJuggle Report (Scott Seltzer)


Afton: When was the last time we had an ejuggle report?

Aslynne: I will reach out, it’s been a while. Budget was recently increased too. Reports should be avail for the vision meeting.


Membership (Marilyn Sullivan)
Membership Data



Marketing Report (Matan Presberg)



IRC Report (Erin Stephens)


Afton: How many IRCs are planned for next year? Creating a budget would be useful for us. 


Aslynne: will nudge Erin.


YJA Report (Benjamin Domask-Ruh)



OpsO Report (Scott Steiskal)



6. Motions for Consideration


7. Varia:

Website Migration from YM Progress ( Ross Berenson )

Progress has slowed down a bit because of life. In addition to life, I’ve been testing a few different platforms and there’s one more that I’m curious about. There are a few hurdles that I’m encountering:

  • Reporting of various things that are fairly specific. Like festival registrations with details within each, such as tshirt size and add-ons. All this information IS visible in the backend but to export it as a CSV is challenging. 
  • Proper donation reporting.
  • A unified user experience for admins and members. We have two functions. Membership management and Ecommerce. Each work in their own ways, integrating the two has also become a challenge for a nice user experience. 

I already reached out to Afton to see if we can renew YM for perhaps 6 months vs another year. I don’t think we’ll have the migration done by Jan 1.


8. Confirm Next Meeting

Next meetings will take place on…

for the next vision meeting

Dec 4, 6:30pm EST

for the next business meeting

Dec 18, 6:30pm EST


9. Adjournment

7:11pm Eastern. 

Leave a Reply