In order to get paid, you have to send the following information to the IJA bookkeeper at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- fill out an IRS tax form which you can download from http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf (or http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf if you’re not an American citizen). Print and sign the appropriate form and send it to the treasurer.
- Decide which payment method you want and give the treasurer the appropriate information:
- Paypal – Send your email address associated with your account. Note: this will entail a small processing fee which will be deducted: 2.9% of the amount + $.30 (for example, $50 would deduct $2.25 so you’d receive $47.75).
- Online bank transfer – Provide your bank account information: bank, branch, account number, name on account, etc.
- Check– Provide a mailing address and your payment will be mailed to you. This is only available for Americans and not international payments.
The monthly accounting information is generally sent to the treasurer in the first week of the following month. For example, January payments will be sent in the beginning of February and they should get processed some time the first half of the month.
If by the end of the year your total payments exceed $600, you will be issued a 1099.
In order to get paid, send the above information to the IJA bookkeeper at email@example.com.